Senior Engineer – Golang – London – Golang, Cloud (GCP), Microservices, DevOps Environment – £80,000 – £100,000
A London based YCombinator backed FinTech start-up business based in Central London is looking to make their first crucial Engineering hire to mark the start of their ambitious growth plans over the next 12-24 months.
This company is one of the first UK FCA regulated banking management platforms and provides businesses with a single-interface used to manage all of their banking and accountancy systems from one centralised location.
Born out of YC in San Francisco, they have been mentored by the same leading investors and technology entrepreneurs who have played an integral part to the success of some of the globe’s most successful and influential technology companies, including Airbnb, GoCardless, Stripe, Coinbase and many more.
Required Skills, Knowledge and/or Experience:
- Extensive knowledge & experience of Go or any other strongly typed language
- Cloud computing (GCP, AWS or Azure)
- A DevOps mindset with good exposure to containerisation tools like Docker & Kubernetes
- Experience with building & maintaining Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment pipelines
- A history of writing infrastructure-as-code using Terraform will be a plus
- A firm grip on modern day best practices (e.g. TDD/BDD, Clean Code etc) and why they’re important to follow
- An open mind when it comes to choosing the ‘right tools for the job’ and an ability to provide a solid explanation of why those tools have been chosen
- Experience in a high-growth environment with an active contribution made to recruitment
- Knowledge or understanding of Machine Learning is beneficial
- Working directly with the CTO to establish technical requirements of greenfield projects and turn them into clean, robust, scalable technical solutions
- Using previous knowledge and experience to ‘set the environment’ allowing future Engineers the freedom to innovate and cut the highest quality of code
- Taking part in the attraction and interviewing of other technical hires with the desire to lead a team of your own in the near future
- Pair programming, code reviews and upskilling more junior team members
- Research and development of the latest tools and technologies suitable to each individual project
The successful candidate will be considered a key hire within the business and will be given a very clear route for career progression into Lead Engineering and beyond.
The basic salary on offer is between £80,000-£100,000 plus a negotiable equity stake in the business of between 0.25%-1% from the first day as well as other company benefits.
If you feel you have the right skills, mindset and experience for this role, please apply with an up to date version of your CV and we’ll be in touch to discuss further details.