One of the country’s biggest technology innovators within the retail & e-commerce space and a well-respected household name has recently created a specialised technology hub tasked with modernising the way people shop online and in-store.
Treating each product as an individual start-up within a large organisation while benefiting from a top-class reputation and the budget & facilities of a £multi-billion business has allowed for massive advances in both internal and customer facing tech products, with no signs of slowing up. This company is incredibly active within the tech community, hosting, speaking at and attending some of the UK’s best known meet-ups & conferences.
Required Skills, Knowledge and/or Experience:
- Cloud computing with AWS, Azure or GCP and a keenness to explore and implement serverless architecture
- A DevOps approach to development and experience with containerisation tools like Docker & Kubernetes
- Experience building and maintaining Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment pipelines
- A genuine passion for the production of clean and well-built code with a ‘test-first’ approach and experience using testing tools like Mocha, Chai, Enzyme etc.
- Experience building microservices
- A strong interest in emerging technologies with a ‘right tool for the job’ mentality and ability to put forward strong cases for tool selection
- An openness to occasional pair-programming
Why you should apply:
- Aggressive growth plans for the next 24 months and clear routes for progression into either management or principal engineering
- Your own personal training and development budget increasing with every year of service
- Access to some of London’s largest tech meet-ups & conferences on hosted on your office door-step
- Opportunity to interchange between a huge variety of products
This position comes with a salary of up to £85,000 + bonus and a multitude of benefits.
If you feel you have the right skills, experience and mindset for this role, please apply with your CV and we will be in touch to discuss the finer details.