Head of Engineering– Python – Video On Demand Development – £75,000 – £90,000
Ever wondered who the brains are behind some of the nation’s most loved Video platforms? This Digital Product Design Agency has some of the brightest minds in the business when it comes to the development and deployment of their flagship VOD platform.
Currently on the lookout for a Head of Engineering with an enthusiasm for working in, growing and leading Agile/Scrum cross-discipline teams, dedicated to providing the best possible advancements on the core product.
With a varied project list ranging from core Python development through to the betterment of Smart TV applications, Tablet and Mobile, and each Sprint will lead you to develop your technical expertise through knowledge sharing and experience!
- 6+ years of experience working with Python and its associated web frameworks (ideally Django)
- Experience in leading and growing agile teams
- Ability to lead code reviews ensuring a high standard of quality and communicating this to the team.
- In-depth cloud computing knowledge (ideally AWS)
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines and running DevOps practices
- Experience developing Rest API’s
- Knowledge of or experience in developing Microservice architectures
- Solid understanding of modern testing practices – TDD/BDD
- A keen advocate of Agile methodologies
- Completed studies in Computer Science or comparable degree
- Annual bonus
- Training and education
- A sabbatical career break after three years!
- Tech equipment of your choice
- Regular events; both tech and non-tech!
- A monthly team outing budget
Are you looking for a new challenge? We would love to hear from you!
Apply here or call us on 0203 994 6400!
|Job Category||Design, Development, IT|