Lead Scala Engineer for new Video Streaming service – Scala, AWS, A.R. – £75,000 – £90,000
One of the leading UK Broadcast companies is growing its Engineering function and needs a Lead Scala Engineer to run a team of 5+ Scala Engineers.
You will be the driving force behind their brand new video streaming venture, and will be in charge of architectural design, coding, driving best agile practice and generally making sure your team enjoy what they do!
You will also get the opportunity to experiment with A.R. concepts that will modernise the way we view television!
The engineering department follows a modern Scala stack and adhere to best agile practice at all times, and they’re also heavily immersed in the London tech/Scala scene, hosting meet-ups, sponsoring conferences etc.
Reasons to join this company:
- Superb offices in central London
- Awesome team of Engineers that code in a proper functional style
- Grow into a leadership role and further build out your own team
The tech stack:
- Scala, Play, Akka, AWS
- Scalaz, Cats
- Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, CI/CD
- Modern Agile practices – TDD, Pair Programming
You should apply if you:
- Have 2+ years of solid Scala programming experience and 5+ years of overall programming
- Have an understanding of cloud based and distributed architecture
- Have experience leading/mentoring
- Want to take your Scala knowledge/ability to the next level!
If you think you have what it takes for this role and are ready to step into this position, please apply on here or call us on 0203 994 6400!
|Job Category||Design, Development, IT|
|Salary||£75,000 - £90,000|