Java, Kotlin or Python – £60,000 – £80,000
We are looking for bright, talented, ambitious mid-level Software Developers who are looking to take a step up in their career (to senior) and pursue a quick path of career progression into Lead Engineering while using languages such as Java, Python & Kotlin.
The CEO/CTO of a trading data analysis company in London is looking to create a software engineering division from scratch.
The company has 35 employees (a mixture of Quants & Data Scientists), so the successful candidate will be one of the first pure Software Engineers on site.
- Architecting and developing a huge new platform at the core of the business
- Setting up the Dev environment with modern methodologies in mind that will allows future Engineers to cut the highest quality code
- Learning and creating production ready code with tools and technologies you’ve not previously used
- Work alongside Data Scientists and Quants, understanding their technical requirements and producing clean, well thought-out, scalable technical solutions
- Work autonomously, researching the latest tools and software methodologies and suggesting / implementing innovative ideas to improve technical excellence
- Take part in the recruitment process of future Engineers alongside the CEO
- Eventually, take up team leadership responsibilities and assume role of resident technical expert and mentor!
- An understanding of Python, Java and/or Kotlin – any other languages would be a huge plus
- A ‘right tool for the job’ mentality
- Deep knowledge of SQL
- An appreciation of software development best practices, (Test Driven Development, for example) why they are necessary and when to use them
- An understanding of DevOps
- Commercial experience building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Some knowledge of Cloud Computing (AWS, GCP and/or Azure)
- The ability to work both alone and in a team with a ‘fail fast’ mentality
This role requires an individual who is able to drive their own self-development under the wing of a very experienced CEO/CTO who is always there to help. The right candidate will be mentored and coached over time to become a key figure in this new software engineering division.
If you feel you have the skills, curiosity and decisiveness required to help a team from scratch, please apply by submitting your CV.
|Job Category||Design, Development, IT|
|Salary||£60,000 - £80,000|