TalentBase Resourcing Ltd GDPR Policy
As data controllers TalentBase Resourcing Ltd is committed to providing quality services to the candidate and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you (the candidate) in respect of how we manage Personal Information.
This policy applies only to the actions of TalentBase Resourcing Ltd and Users with respect to this Website. It does not extend to any websites that can be accessed from this Website including, but not limited to, any links to social media websites.
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) replaces the Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC and Data protection legislation (Data Protection Act 1998 – the Act”) in the UK and is designed to harmonise data privacy laws across Europe, to protect and empower all EU citizens’ data privacy and to reshape the way organisations across the region approach data privacy. It aims to protect the rights of individuals to ensure that their personal information remains private and secure. It provides individuals with a number of rights, including a right to access information and correct any errors. The Information Commissioner has an active role in educating the public and organisations about the data protection legislation, assisting data subjects in enforcing their rights, and imposing sanctions and enforcement actions against those who breach the legislation.
Why do we process your information?
We process your personal information in support of our legitimate business interest of placing candidates with employers specialising in the fields of technology. We will not collect any personal data from you that we do not need in order to provide and oversee our recruitment services to you.
How do we collect your personal information and its usage?
TalentBase Resourcing Ltd aims to collect the minimum data it needs to perform its role. Typically, this is name, address, job title and contact details. In addition, if you are a candidate or consultant being considered for a role it will also include your CV / resume as well as other details about your skills and experience.
- you access and browse the Site (including when you submit personal information to us through data entry fields on the Site); or
- you respond to an advert posted by us whether via a job board, LinkedIn or other social networking site; or
- we download details uploaded by you onto a job board, LinkedIn or other social networking site in relation to a vacancy we are seeking to fill for one of our clients; or
- we download details uploaded by you onto a job board, LinkedIn or other social networking site in connection with our internal market research ; or
- you contact us by phone, email or otherwise; or
- we provide Services to you or to an actual or a potential hirer of your services; or
- we contact you with a view to providing Services to you; or
- we provide onboarding services to a hirer of your services,
- we will usually collect the following information from or about you:
- phone and e-mail details;
- your bank details
- your current and previous employment/work details, including job title and employer;
- any professional certifications relevant to the role you seek to work in, education and qualifications, skills, career history, salary/fee range, right to work status, citizenship, and any other information relevant or required by law to enable us to provide the Services;
- any other information which you include in your CV or a completed application form;
- any information which has been published or made available on a social media profile or job board (whether by you or a third party), or in any news media;
- details of your referees;
- references from third parties such as previous employers and nominated referees;
- any email communications, including attachments, which you send to us;
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it. You can update your CV or personal data at any time by forwarding a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
We may use personal information collected about you to let you know about functionality changes to our website or changes to our terms and conditions of use. Sometimes (and only in accordance with any preferences selected by you) we might use the personal information collected about you to let you know about jobs, events or service that you might find interesting. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing.
How Data is Stored
We use a third party CRM provider to store and manage all candidate data. The third party uses a highly secure, encrypted connection to a cloud-based service to access this data.
Information will only be held outside of the third party in the following circumstances:
- Upon the point of an application being made to the Client, the Client becomes responsible for legal processing. The Company will record this information and can be made available to The Candidate upon request
- When the Candidate becomes employed by the Company to provide contractor services, payroll information will be held on a local machine and a third-party payroll management system.
How long do we keep your data for?
- We will retain information about you for a period of up to 24 months from the date on which you last received contact from us.
- We will delete it after that time except where we need to keep any personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements unless data authorisation is renewed without objection.
Sensitive information is defined in the Act. Sensitive information will be used by us only:
- For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
- With your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
What are your rights?
If at any point you wish to review the information we process on you then you can request to see this information, and have it corrected or deleted. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us directly at email@example.com and we will investigate the matter. If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you are entitled to make a formal complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).